Your Free Community Connection to Essential Supports & Services
Toll-free: 1-855-492-ADRC (2372)
Serving Shawano, Oconto and Menominee Counties and the Stockbridge-Munsee Community
A Source for Caregiver Support
If you provide elder care or look after a loved one with physical or developmental/intellectual disabilities, the ADRC of the Wolf River Region can link you with helpful caregiver support and information throughout your journey. Resources include:
- Caregiver Support Video – Need help caring for a parent who is dealing with dementia? Looking for resources that address senior home safety? Learn how the ADRC is here to help.
- Support Groups: Mug Club for Caregivers, The Caring Tree Adult Day Center Support Group, Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline
- Caregiver Activity Guide When Caring for Someone with Dementia
Alzheimer Caregiver Call-In Support Group
The Alzheimer’s Association offers other virtual caregiver support groups. Click here to see what is available.
Early Stages / Parkinson’s Support Group – Shawano County (2nd Tuesday of the month)
This support group is designed to help those in the early stages of dementia and those with Parkinson’s disease share stories, learn tips and interact with others who are in similar situations. The group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at The Shawano Municipal Building from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Contact Johanna for more information by calling 715-526-4708 or Ericka at 715-526-4712.
Caregiver Support Groups
This support group is designed to help caregivers share stories, learn tips and interact with others who are in similar situations.
- 1st Monday of the month from 10:00 am – 11:00 am at the Bond Center in Oconto
- 1st Monday of the month from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Gillett Community Center
- 1st Wednesday of the month from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Lakewood Public Library
- 4th Tuesday of the month from 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Bonduel Village Town Hall
- 4th Wednesday of the month from 10:00 am – 11:00 am at the Tigerton Senior Center
- 4th Wednesday of each month at Beans & Books Coffee Shop in Shawano on Main Street from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm